What are Citizen Initiatives?
The citizens' initiative is the intervention of citizens aimed at promoting a certain action of general interest and of municipal competence. These become crucial to activating the political agenda and to energize the social energies that allow new political actions. Hence the importance of incorporating it as a political actor, along with the councilors and councilors and councilors that make up the Municipal Council and the district councils.
What types of citizen initiatives are there?
- Leisure, care or festive activities
In this type of Initiatives are looking for activities, recreational and / or festive activities for the community.
How can I create a new citizen initiative?
Steps to follow:
1 To begin, select the type of Initiative
2. Initiate the initiative by writing the title and the description
3. Check that there are no related initiatives
4. Create your initiative
- Title: Write a brief and clear title about your initiative.
- Description: Write a brief description about the content of the initiative.
- Type of signature: There are three ways to collect signatures; digital (through the Decidim platform), face-to-face (through the collection points of signatures) and mixed (combining the two previous ones).
- Scope: City or District.
- Author: User or organization.
In this step you must complete all the additional information for the correct processing of the initiative.
6. Create the Promotion Commission
- In the case of being a natural person who presents the initiative, you need the support of two more people. Share with them the link provided so that the people who configure the promoter commission. These people will receive a link to adhere to the promotional commission. Once they have accepted, they must be validated from the internal area of management of your initiatives.
- In case of being in the organization the following fields must be proposed:
- Full name
7. Finish your Initiative
Once the initiative is complete, you can manage your initiative from your user panel --> Administration dashboard
- Log in to your Initiative
- Confirm the members of your committee, from the section "Members of the committee"
- Add the corresponding attachments, from the "Attachments" section
- Send technical validation from the "Information" section.
Once the initiative has been submitted to technical validation, the Metadecidim community has spent 30 days responding to the process of the initiative. When the initiative passes the technical validation will begin the collection of signatures.