An assembly is a group of members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or scope of the organization.
Assemblies hold meetings, some are private and some are open. If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions taken by this organ).
Examples: A general assembly (which meets once a year to define the organisation's main lines of action as well as its executive bodies by vote), an equality advisory council (which meets every two months to make proposals on how to improve gender relations in the organisation), an evaluation commission (which meets every month to monitor a process) or a guarantee body (which collects incidents, abuses or proposals to improve decision-making procedures) are all examples of assemblies.
This Committee is the body that will verify, initially, the users so that they can exercise the right to decide the Metadecidim community. It is a provisional Committee that will be valid for 6 months.
Therefore, the functions of the Verification Committee are:
- Validate whethof the Metadecidim community who make a verification request meet the verification criteria previously agreed upon for the community itself.
- Review, with an annual periodicity, whether the verified users continue to meet the verification requirements for their permanence and continue to act in the sincere interest of serving the project, the community and the democratic principles that support it.
The criteria on which the Verification Committee will be based and voted by the Community through a consultation are:
1.Participation in the community
Description: Anyone who has actively participated and contributed significantly in the Metadecidim community through one of the different activities of the same
Indicators: To assess whether the candidate to verify the verification committee will take into account the compliance of all these indicators to meet this criterion:
- Assistance to more than 3 SOM or LAB Metadecidim
- Assistance to a JAM
- Significant or regular contribution to any work group of the community
2. Manager of an instance of Decidim
Description: Entities that have active Decidim instances.
Indicators: For each instance of an institution or an organization, only one candidate may be presented as a delegate.
To assess if the candidate to be verified the VC will take into account any of the following indicators to satisfy this criterion:
- Have a Decidim public institution facility with more than 300 participants and at least 2 participation spaces (participatory processes, real bodies or consultations). Understanding assets that have more than 150 of some of the following elements: comments, proposals, votes or accessions created by different participants.
- Have an installation Decidim organization with more than 100 participants (association, cooperative, foundation ...) and at least 2 spaces for participation (participatory processes, real bodies or consultations). Understanding assets that have more than 50 of some of the following elements: comments, proposals, votes or accessions created by different participants.
3. Professional link
Description: Any entity (company, association, university ...) that has had a contractual relationship with the project and that has contributed significantly to the project may request the membership of a person in which delegates the functions of decision making in the community.
Indicators: Provided professional linkage is the only demonstrable criterion for an entity, said organization may elect a person as a "delegate".
To assess the candidate, the VC will take into account the following indicators to satisfy this criterion.
- Billing or contract made expressly for the project
4.Development of the platform
Description: Anyone who has collaborated virtually with the project Decidim
Indicators: To assess whether the candidate to be verified by the verification committee will take into account the following indicators to satisfy this criterion:
- Any person who, without fulfilling the prerequisites, can demonstrate significant contributions to the project or their community (for example in GitHub Decidim or Crowdin Decidim).
The Verification Committee will be composed of 2 people from Decidim Team and 3 from the Metadecidim community.
The people who present themselves as candidates to be part of the Verification Committee of the users will do so on a personal level and always with the sincere interest of serving the project, the community and the democratic principles that underlie it.
The process of selecting the candidates to be part of the Committee will be done by lottery.
Related participatory processes
A process open to the entire Community regarding the decision-making and representative bodies that ...