Propose new features
Designing Decidim together
Online meetings for user generated meetings
Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
As a user creating a meeting, I'd like to be able to create online meetings, as the actual context implies a multiplication of this kind of reunions.
Describe the solution you'd like
As an admin, I want to be able to enable or disable the possibility for users to select the "online meeting" option.
- Add a config flag in meeting config to enable or disable the possibility for users & admins to select the type of meeting (online or in-person).
Mock-up for config flag in meetings configuration : https://imgur.com/ouhEgsJ
As an admin, when creating a meeting, I would like to be able to select if the Meeting is Online or in-person.
- For further specifications, you can check this proposal: Online Meetings with videoconferences.
As a user, when creating a meeting from the front-end, I'd like to be able to select if the Meeting is Online or in-person.
If it's Presential then it should work as usual (with Location/Map).
If it's Online then:
- It should allow me to add an URL for the videoconference or streaming service that's going to be used (with URL field validation) → mandatory.
- It should not allow to add a Location nor try to find this location through the Geocoder
- It should not appear on the Meetings map
- It should allow me to add a location hint (e.g. meeting ID or meeting code) → facultative.
Mock-up for user generated meeting form : https://imgur.com/a/X6x5Bbz
As a user, I'd like to be able to distinguish (in meetings index and show) online from in-person meetings
- Add a filter section with 3 options : All, Online & in-person.
- Add pictograms to differentiate both meetings types (WWW for online and pin on map for in-person)
Mock-up for meetings index : https://imgur.com/a/e3YUeFK
This feature proposal take place in a broader improvement of the meetings component.
This proposal has been accepted because:
- Reviewed by @product and accepted in the main project
- It is funded by European Commission
- Developed by Codegram
- Available in release 0.24 via #6572
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
Loading comments ...
Add your comment
Sign in with your account or sign up to add your comment.
Loading comments ...