Take part in this process to design Decidim democratically: you can enter and create debates or propose new features or improvements (please don't use this process to report bugs).
Any member of the community can make a proposal for a new functionality (either a new module or the improvement of an existing one).
Proposals can accept supports, although these are not decisive for a proposal to be included on the roadmap. The supports serve as indicators of the interest of the proposal or the need it covers. The comments to the proposals are also enabled, to collectively elaborate the initial idea and bring it to a productive result.
Workflow to propose functionalities
1. For a proposal to become part of the development roadmap it is necessary:
- That is sufficiently well defined.
- That there is no objection (neither technical nor techno-political) to be integrated into the core.
- That has a sponsor. The sponsor will be responsible for finding and providing the necessary resources to carry out its development. In this sense they can be sponsors: the city councils participating in the project, companies or members of the community of developers, associations, collectives, etc.
2. Once the proposal is part of the roadmap, there will be a follow-up on the evolution of the development through different states until development is completed. The follow-up of the progress will be done in 2 different but complementary platforms. One is the Metadecidim Community site (this web) where you can find the roadmap result monitoring section here. The other is the Github platform, the meeting place for programmers. To maintain the traceability and the connection of communities to each "result" the corresponding Github ticket will be linked, and vice versa.