Propose new features
Designing Decidim together
Make Decidim EU cookie laws compliant
**Is your feature request related to a problem?**
Decidim's current cookie banner is not compliant with the EU cookie laws. In several countries this could result into fines being made to the website owners.
Here is a little sum up of the things that we need to have in order to be compliant :
- By default, all optional cookies are disabled ( Matomo, Google, etc... )
- Cookies necessary for the platform must be mentioned and justified.
- Block all cookies from external services by default (analytics, embeds etc.)
Currently we do none of these by default on the Decidim install.
**Describe the solution you'd like**
Implement an existing solution that allows us to do all these things. We've started a development on our end (https://github.com/OpenSourcePolitics/decidim/tree/feature/GDPR_compliance_update) but stumbled upon thanks to one of our clients on which provide a simple and acessible solution to this problem : https://github.com/empreinte-digitale/orejime it allows to :
- Set a default configuration with default Decidim cookies
- Update the default configuration according to the needs of the instance (Save in base a script that will be injected in the views...).
- Block the automatic setting of cookies from a third party platform.
We've identify 2 complexity factors :
- One related to the multi-tenant mode of Decidim. Different cookies could be set for each organization
- One related to external services such as embed (youtube), drag and dropped images from imgur and external services which can inject cookies that we would be co-responsible of.
**Describe alternatives you've considered**
Something should be done to make Decidim compliant to the cookie law
**Does this issue could impact on users private data?**
Yes as user have to give their consent for each optional cookie.
This proposal has been accepted because:
- Reviewed by @product and accepted in the main project
- Funded by Barcelona City Council
- Developed by Mainio Tech
- Available in release 0.27 via #9271
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
Loading comments ...
Add your comment
Sign in with your account or sign up to add your comment.
Loading comments ...