Improve the UX for multi-lingual fields when the organization has multiple languages
**Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.**
The current solution for multi-languages fields works well when the organization has 3, 4 or 5 languages, but we'll be working with a client that has a much higher number of languages, and the current solution does no escale
**Describe the solution you'd like**
We propose improving the UX for these fields and we have two suggestions:
- Use a dropdown per each field. This wouldn't change much of the current behavior, only that locales would be hidden in the dropdown.
- Use a dropdown for the whole form. On top of each form, show a dropdown that will change the fields shown to use the selected language version. Non-translatable fields will be shown anyway. This implies a bigger change of behavior and more work, dev-wise.
We're not sure about what's the best approach, or if we should find even another approach to this problem.
**Describe alternatives you've considered**
**Does this issue could impact on users private data?**
The development of this proposal has finished
- Reviewed by @product and accepted in the main project
- Funded by European Commission
- Developed by Codegram
- Available in release 0.23 via #6462
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?