Integration with Jitsi
Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
As an administrator I'd want a way for embedding Jitsi videoconferences.
I'd want to:
- Have a secret room (randomly generated)
- That this room only is available 30 minutes before the begging of the meeting until 10 minutes after the meeting has finished (start_time and end_time)
- I'd have a button for making an opt-in before accessing, so it isn't that aggressive on my microphone and camera permissions.
- As Jitsi is FLOSS and it can be installed on other servers, I should also have an option for changing the server
- I should have an option if this meeting is available for everyone or only for logged in users as it depends on the organization / meeting
Related with the Online Meetings proposal.
We should also review the Jitsi API for seeing what's available for configurations. For instance it'd be nice that participants are muted by default.
Does this issue could impact on users private data?
As this has WebRTC this could have implications on the IP address of the user. Also it asks for video and microphone access so that is also private.
Maybe Barcelona City Hall on a future contract
The development of this proposal has finished
- Reviewed by @product and accepted in the main project
- It is funded by Barcelona City Council
- Developed by Populate
- Available in release 0.26 via #8096
- Included in: https://contractaciopublica.gencat.cat/ecofin_pscp/AppJava/notice.pscp?reqCode=viewCn&idDoc=72621414&lawType
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?