Enable meeting authors to select a language for their meeting
Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
As Decidim is becoming more and more international, questions are raising about translations and multilingualism. For example, in a multilingual context, meetings authors (admins or users) should be able to select the language of their meeting to inform participants and allow users to filter index by meeting language. It is even more true with online meetings developing!
Describe the solution you'd like
As an admin, I'd like to be able to enable meeting language selection.
As a lot of Decidim platforms are not multilingual, the possibility to select the language of the meeting should be a config flag in meeting configuration.
- Add a config flag in meeting config to enable or disable the possibility for users & admins to select the meeting language.
Mock-up for config flag in meetings configuration : https://imgur.com/a/ZxzQJ8d
As an admin, when creating a meeting, I would like to be able to select the language of the meeting
- Add a drop-down field in meeting creation and edition form that displays the platform languages
As a user, when creating a meeting, I would like to be able to select the language of the meeting
- Add a drop-down field in user generated meeting creation form that displays the platform languages
- Add a help text below this field
Mock-up for meeting creation form : https://imgur.com/PcSmu3g
As a user, I'd like to be able to filter meetings index by meeting language
- Add a filter section displaying all the platform languages
Mock-up for meetings index : https://imgur.com/AN7DYst
This feature proposal take place in a broader improvement of the meetings component.
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?