Propose new features
Designing Decidim together
Enable projects geocoding for Budget component
Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
Participatory budget are often made by cities, and a lot of projects have a specific location in the city. The idea here is to allow administrators to add an address on projects so they can me displayed in a map on Budget component. This helps users to easily access projects of their neighbourhood.
Describe the solution you'd like
As an admin, I'd like to be able to enable geocoding on the Budget component.
- Add a config flag in Budgets component configuration that allows the admin to enable/disable projects geocoding.
As an admin, I'd like to be able to add an address on the project I'm creating or editing.
- Add an address field with geocoder in project creation & edition page. (https://imgur.com/Dt2j5aR)
As an admin, I'd like to be able to see the map preview on projects index in BO.
- Add a "Map" column to display the map preview on projects index in BO (https://imgur.com/MdGtTBq)
As a user, I'd like to see a map displaying geocoded projects on the projects index.
- Show a map on projects index to display geocoded projects (ex here : https://imgur.com/34jVIGo)
As a user, I'd like to see the address and the map preview on the project page.
- As for meetings and proposals, add a card on project page to display address infos and map preview
Describe alternatives you've considered
This feature was already developed for Decidim 0.11 by Open Source Politics.
You can check the code here : https://github.com/OpenSourcePolitics/decidim/pull/122/files
Related proposal : https://meta.decidim.org/processes/roadmap/f/122/proposals/12428
Does this issue could impact on users private data?
Toulouse might fund this
This proposal has been accepted because:
- Reviewed by @product and accepted in the main project
- Funded by Toulouse City Council
- Developed by Open Source Politics
- Available in release 0.27 via #9280
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
Loading comments ...
Add your comment
Sign in with your account or sign up to add your comment.
Loading comments ...