Send notification to client with Push Notifications
NOTE: this feature is from a big development. See PWA discussion at GitHub.
Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
As a registered participant in Decidim that has given consent and permission to receive push notifications, I want to see the notification.
Describe the solution you’d like
I want to receive these notifications with the title, body, icon, and link when possible.
For these, what we’ll use:
- Title: Proposal is being evaluated
- Body: The "Possibility to configure default sorting for proposals" proposal is being evaluated.
- Icon: Organization Favicon
- Link: https://meta.decidim.org/processes/roadmap/f/122/proposals/13104
Describe alternatives you’ve considered
It’d be awesome to also show an image in the cases where there are images in the card (ie some Proposals, Meetings, BlogPosts, etc), but AFAIK this is not easily available in Decidim::Notification at the moment.
See a demo of all the capabilities possibles to Notifications and see Display a notification in Google’s guide.
Does this issue could impact on users private data?
It could have some personal data in some notifications (for instance, in the case of Messaging)
- Given that I’m a participant that has been given permission to receive push notifications,
When I get a new notification in /notifications
Then I also receive it on my device
and this notification has a title and body
and has a link to the resource
and has the icon of the organization.
The development of this proposal has finished
- Reviewed by @product and accepted in the main project
- It is funded by Barcelona City Council
- Developed by Populate
- Available in release 0.27 via #8774
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?