SOM Metadecidim is a productive ecosystem, where citizens can think, prioritize development lines, decide on improvement projects and discuss the uses and future possibilities of the Decidim platform. It is aimed at empowering citizens to appropriate the tool, contribute to its development and be co-participe in its construction.
The SOM (Metadecident Operative Sessions) are open monthly meetings of the Metadecidim community (consisting of municipal techniques, hackers, researchers, experts and citizenship in general).
Sessions are organized around thematic areas of work or specific assemblies (which have autonomy of decision in their own field) :. At the moment the active axes are these:
- TECH (tecnologies): Experimentation and reflection on useful technologies for Decidim, platform architecture, development community and gitflow, installation of the Decidim, technical documentation, etc.
- PX (participant experience): where you know and share the experience that users have of the Decidim. This helps diagnose necessary changes.
- COM (story): Speeches of reflection, imagination and techno-political seduction, for the construction of common and creative discourses around participation, the Decidim and democracy.
- LAB (research): To go deeply into the open discussions in the monthly session of the decidim.lab, as well as in other research challenges connected with the development of Decidim and online democracy.
- GOV (governance): dedicated to discuss collectively what is the situation of the Metadecidem community and the steps to be followed in its development.