Decidim and the democratic city: Kakogawa, Monterrey, Brussels, New York and Barcelona
The Decidim platform has spread over the years to many cities around the world, deploying different participation processes. In this session, we will address an open dialogue to learn about the participation models of five cities around the world, their experience with Decidim and the future challenges they will face to strengthen the possibilities of participation in public affairs for all citizens.
- Yasuhiro Okada (Mayor of the City of Kakogawa)
- Arnaud Pinxteren (Alderman of the City of Brussels)
- Sarah Sayeed (Chair and Executive Director of the Civic Engagement Commission at New York City)
- Cintia Smith (Secretary of Innovation and Open Government at the Government of Monterrey)
- Marc Serra (Councillor for Citizenship and Participation Rights at Barcelona City Councill)
Row of experts:
- Miquel Salvador Serna (General Director of Participation at Generalitat de Catalunya)
- Carola Castellà Josa (Head of the Citizen Participation Section of the Agenda 2030 and Participation Service)
*This session will be held in English, with simultaneous translation into Catalan.