Welcome to the Community
Start participating in the Decidim community!
How to contribute to Decidim
We’re really glad you’re reading this, because we need volunteer contributors to help this project come to fruition.
Please note that by making a Pull Request in this repository you’re agreeing with Decidim’s Social Contract.
Do you want to say hello to us?
Come find us at our Matrix.org space. We have chat rooms for developers, designers and translators.
Did you find a bug?
Do not open up a GitHub issue if the bug is a security vulnerability in Decidim, and instead send us an email to security [at] decidim.org. See full security policy.
Ensure the bug was not already reported by searching on GitHub under Issues
- If you’re unable to find an open issue addressing the problem, open a new one on GitHub. Be sure to include a title and clear description, as much relevant information as possible, and a code sample or an executable test case demonstrating the expected behavior that is not occurring.
Did you write a patch that fixes a bug?
- Open a new GitHub pull request with the patch.
- Ensure the PR description clearly describes the problem and solution. Include the relevant issue number if applicable.
- Check our development_guide.
- When the PR includes a breaking change or includes something that requires manual intervention when deploying, it’s necessary to add it on the changelog upgrade notes. See rules for the changelog page in docs.
Do you intend to add a new feature or change an existing one?
- Suggest your change in Metadecidim
- Wait until Product Team reviews and accept the feature Do not open an issue on GitHub until you have collected positive feedback about the change and Product Team has approved it. GitHub issues are primarily intended for bug reports, fixes and already discussed features on Metadecidim Roadmap Process.
- Make the Pull Request.
If your change doesn’t need to make a Pull Request in this repository because is a Module, then you don’t need to ask permission for it :D
You can read in detail about this process in Governance.
Do you have questions about the source code?
- Ask any question about how to use Decidim in our Decidim Devs Matrix chat room.
Do you want to contribute to Decidim documentation?
Do you want to contribute to Decidim design?
- Go to the Decidim design folder and propose the changes that you want.
Do you want to improve an existing language in Decidim?
Do you want to add a new language to Decidim?