Propose new features
Designing Decidim together
Add .xml sitemap config flag to /system
Is your feature request related to a problem? A clear and concise description of what the problem is.
Client get frustrated that we don't have a simple way to generate an .xml sitemap for Decidim websites. It's recommended for SEO.
Describe the solution you'd like
On a multi-tenant Decidim instance I may not want to generate a sitemap for all orgs as some maybe used for private purposes (ex: "Force users to authenticate before access organization")
As a system admin, I'd like to have a config flag in /system in the org edit form to choose to generate an .xml sitemap for the org I'm editing.
We could use an existing gem like https://www.ruby-toolbox.com/projects/sitemap_generator to generate the site map.
The sitemap generator would need to exclude :
- /admin and /system links
- Private spaces links
The sitemap needs to be be
- frequently updated → a cron job can run periodically
- and sent to search engines → We need to decide if we leave the responsibility to the admin of the org or if we try to ease up the process a little bit for them. We could use this gem https://www.ruby-toolbox.com/projects/pingr so that the pinging to search engine is automated
Describe alternatives you've considered
At this stage I'm wondering :
- if this feature could be of interest to the rest of the community. If not we can always make a module;
- what's the best way to generate a xml sitemap for a Decidim site;
Add any other context or screenshots about the feature request here.
Does this issue could impact on users private data?
Possible funding by Lausanne
This proposal has been accepted because:
- Reviewed by @product and accepted to be developed as a module
- It is funded by European Commission
- Developed by Tremend
- Available at https://git.fpfis.eu/future-of-europe/digit-cofe-libraries/digit-cofe-sitemap
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
Loading comments ...
Add your comment
Sign in with your account or sign up to add your comment.
Loading comments ...