Blog with latest news and newsletters
February news :: New coordinating committee and more
It's our birthday today! Six years since we wrote the code from scratch and decidim.org was born. We have written a short post on our website
We have a new Coordination Committee! The association's body is made up of 9 people who have already established their lines of work: Governance, Sustainability and Advocacy. Find out more about them here.
ROADMAP⚡️ Product Update: proposal monitor, redesign implementation and next versions
In this post we inform you about:
- the progress of the redesign implementation.
- a new organisation of the Propose New Features process, in order to facilitate the understanding and coordination of new proposals to improve Decidim.
BARCELONA Decidim trainings are back!
On 22 February and 1st of March, two face-to-face training sessions on budgeting and monitoring will be held at the Canòdrom.
Please note that this is a more advanced training, so it is essential to have basic knowledge of the platform.
With active participation in this training you will get a certificate of achievement.
Details and registration, here
Make a note in your diary:
- 19 - 26 April and 3 - 10 May: Decidim online courses: learn from scratch.
- 24 and 31 May: Specific face-to-face course on internal communication, images and newsletters.
Registration and details will be available at a later date.
Ruby on Rails Masterclass at Decidim
The good people from PokeCode are organising this activity aimed exclusively at female and non-binary audiences, open to the Canódromo community and other female programmers.
You can find all the info, details and registration here
We will be at T3chFest
On Friday 3rd March our partner and maintainer, in the broadest sense of the word, Andrés Pereira de Lucena will be giving a talk at the T3chFest technology conference.
Decidim Around the world, featured instances
- Eau de Paris, the public company responsible for water supply in Paris, has launched its first participatory budget. Vive la France!
- In Cochabamba (Bolivia), they have opened a process looking for activities or projects to save the Rocha river that do not include large-scale infrastructure.
- Codeando Mexico published a post explaining the experience of the participatory budget in Monterrey. It is worth reading.
Bonus track: In this talk from Decidim Fest 22 you can watch to the experience of Cintia Smith, Secretary of Innovation and Open Government of the Government of Monterrey
Barcelona has been chosen as European Capital of Democracy
We are proud to be part of the projects that were taken into account by both an expert jury and a citizen jury to choose Barcelona as the first European City of Democracy.
We need more than ever public and free/free open source technologies to protect democracy, empower citizens and achieve technological sovereignty.