Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
As a visitor when I visit a Decidim installation I could be tracked for analytics purposes, but it isn’t mentioned to me.
Describe the solution you’d like
We must offer a way to accept this tracking or to reject it.
We need to explain better what cookies do we use, why we’re using these cookies, and let the user choose which cookies they want to use.
Describe alternatives you’ve considered
- Cookie Consent
https://github.com/osano/cookieconsent (External link)
https://www.osano.com/cookieconsent/download/ (External link)
Cookie Law European Union and GDPR.
See discussion on MetaDecidim (External link)
We really like how this is solved in https://omastadi.hel.fi/ (External link)
Does this issue could impact on users private data?
Yes, it’s about cookies and improving the (optional) tracking mechanisms that implementers can have on Decidim.
- As an implementer when installing Decidim I have a way of enabling this setting as a module
- As an implementer, I can configure which cookies are for which purpose and which are required for the app to work
This proposal has been accepted because:
- Reviewed by @product and accepted in the main project
- It is funded by Barcelona City Council
- Developed by Platoniq
- Available in release 0.27 via #9271
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?