Sustainability, governance and partnerships of Decidim
Participatory process to define Decidim's management model and sustainability strategy
Partnership - Partners Relationship
A productive ecosystem has been generated around the project. There are companies and organisations that have built a business model based on Decidim. The Association has played the role of arbiter in this ecosystem, sharing out the game and encouraging clients to hire local companies.
The partnership policy is a first step in ensuring that the benefits of these companies are passed on to the common good. One of the objectives of this policy is to avoid the extractive use of a digital common good such as Decidim. The partnership policy, aimed at formalising company contributions to the project, was approved in May 2022 and the first agreement was formalised in November 2022. Although it is still too early to assess its effects, the direction it is taking can already be seen.
This debate focuses on what the relationship between the Association and the partners should look like. The aim is to discuss how to create collaborative synergies that allow partners and the Association to work together.
Questions for the debate
- Do you consider the current partner policy to be a good strategy?
- How can we facilitate the financial contribution of partners (e.g. of different nationalities)?
- Beyond financial contributions, and the positioning of partners from Decidim, what other collaborations could happen between partners and the Association?
- What kind of collaborations between Association and partners should we encourage?
- How to create and guarantee a relationship of trust between the Association and the Partners?
*When we talk about partners, we refer to companies or entities that provide services centred or based on Decidim.
How can I participate?
- By leaving your comments below. You can answer the questions or write your thoughts on the topic addressed in this debate.
- Upvote for the comments you agree with. Your votes will be taken into account when drafting the document.
Remember to express your opinion respectfully.
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
What is the summary or conclusion of this debate?