Sustainability, governance and partnerships of Decidim
Participatory process to define Decidim's management model and sustainability strategy
From 2019, a public-common governance of the code has been defined, thanks to the agreement signed between the City Council, the Decidim Association and the Localret Consortium. Representatives of these three entities become part of the Product team, and are responsible for overseeing the code.
The Product team is in charge of defining the software roadmap and responding to proposals for new functionalities made by the community in Metadecidim. It also ensures the coherence and technical sustainability of the software. The roadmap is done collaboratively in different ways:
- Through Metadecidim and the community (metaproposals)
- Through contracts with the association (ex: Vocdoni and the Voting module)
- Through the development contracts of the Barcelona City Council
Questions for the debate
- How can we ensure good collective governance of the code and the strategic direction of the product?
- What should be the role of the Association in Product, which bodies should be represented, which actors and what decision-making capacity should they have?
- What kind of improvements do we want to prioritise, and what criteria should be used to prioritise them?
How can I participate?
- By leaving your comments below. You can answer the questions or write your thoughts on the topic addressed in this debate.
- Upvote for the comments you agree with. Your votes will be taken into account when drafting the document.
Remember to express your opinion respectfully.
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
What is the summary or conclusion of this debate?