Decidim Association - Coordination Committee handover Meeting
Handover meeting from the outgoing to the incoming committee
Attendees: Brú, Ángela, Carol, Ali, Nil, Fran, Antonio, Pauline, David, Maite.
1. State of the accounts:
Maite explains the current economic situation of the Association, in summary:
- As of today the Association has (drags) a loss of 16.391,67€.
The losses are due to:
- VAT: not eligible for subsidy
- Refund to the Generalitat of 5,540.84 due to inconsistencies in the deadlines for subsidies from the Generalitat and the City Council.
The losses have been covered by the Coop57 policy.
- In May the amount of the Coop57 policy (44.000,00€) has to be paid back.
- In a short time the policy will have to be renewed, and the new policy will need to be secured by personal guarantees of between €1,500.00 and €3,000.00.
This is not a "worrying" situation in that the VAT paid (€12,511.57) is recoverable, although it will be necessary to generate own income and above all to bear in mind that VAT is not eligible when submitting projects for grants.
- VocDoni: development to integrate electronic voting in Decidim.
- Grant of 20.000,00€, of which 15-20% has been subcontracted to Pokecode (https://pokecode.net/ ). 12.000,00€ have already been collected. You can see VocDoni's project in GitHub
- Some partners are still to make their 3% contribution such as: Open Source Politics, PipelineToPower, etc.
Several projects are being managed with:
- Two projects submitted to the EU. Duration: 36 months.
- Project being worked on with Southern Affairs. Coordinated by Fran. Next meeting: 23/01/2023
Working with potential funders:
- Digital Ocean (Mexico). Next meeting on Wednesday 25/01/2023. Carol and Ali will attend.
2. Outgoing committee appraisal round
- Bru: Leaves the committee satisfied and happy with the work done. He pointed out the difficulty and frustrations of the task that the committee had to take on in building the Association from scratch. The incorporation of Maite was a great help. Finally, she recalls the importance of the committee members supporting each other.
- Ángela: Agrees with Bru's impressions and offers to continue collaborating with the new committee from her communication position. Finally, she points out the importance of 'humanising' Decidim.
- Carol: The management of the association has taken practically all the effort and energy they have been able to deploy, to the detriment of caring for the community. She points out the enormous difficulties of setting up the association from scratch with no previous experience in bureaucratic matters. However, she notes that she is still 'pissed off' at the lack of material commitment from many people, which has led to disappointment and frustration.
- Fran: points out the importance of care in the committee.
3. Questions from the incoming committee
Most of the questions from the incoming committee have been on point 1 (State of accounts) and have been amply answered by Maite as well as Carol, Brú and Fran.
All those present warmly and affectionately congratulated the members of the outgoing committee and thanked them for all the work they had done, while regretting the personal toll it had taken on them.
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?