Community Meeting 2: Online voting with Decidim
This summer we will release a new module that will allow online voting with Decidim. We wanted to share the different complexities we have encountered and open the debate on the challenges posed by these voting systems.
Watch the session here (in Spanish)
The team behind this development presented the new module:
- Eva Solà and Oriol Gual from Codegram
- Andrés Pereira de Lucena (Technological advisor of Decidim).
We invited the following experts to contribute to the conversation from the technological, cryptographic and academic fields.
- Ferran Reyes, Communication and Community Lead at Vocdoni, a platform that builds governance solutions and a universally verifiable, anonymous and scalable digital voting system.
- David Dueñas, Assistant Professor at MINDS (Management in Networked and Digital Societies) department of Kozminski University and the NeRDS (New Research on Digital Societies) group.
- Vanesa Daza, Senior Lecturer at Pompeu Fabra University. Researcher in cryptology, crypto-security and blockchain.
- Xavier Puig, CIO of the Department of External Action, Institutional Relations and Transparency of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
- Paz Morillo, mathematician. Associate Professor at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. Member of the MAK research group (Mathematics Applied to Cryptography).
📂 Technical documentation
The activity was held in Spanish, but here are some notes in English written by Oliver Azevedo: https://github.com/liquidvotingio/decidim-module-liquidvoting/discussions/105
Structure of the meeting
1. Welcome, intro, demo and development's presentation [ 11:00 - 11:35]
2. A dialogue with the experts [ 11:35 - 12:35]
3. Q&A [ 12:35 - 12:55]
4. Wrap-up [ 12:55 - 13:00]
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?