An assembly is a group of members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or scope of the organization.
Assemblies hold meetings, some are private and some are open. If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions taken by this organ).
Examples: A general assembly (which meets once a year to define the organisation's main lines of action as well as its executive bodies by vote), an equality advisory council (which meets every two months to make proposals on how to improve gender relations in the organisation), an evaluation commission (which meets every month to monitor a process) or a guarantee body (which collects incidents, abuses or proposals to improve decision-making procedures) are all examples of assemblies.
About this assembly
Community Meeting space is a productive ecosystem, where citizens can think, prioritize development lines, decide on improvement projects and discuss the uses and future possibilities of the Decidim platform. It is aimed at empowering citizens to appropriate the tool, contribute to its development and be co-participe in its construction.
Follow us on our telegram channel
The SOM (Metadecidim Operative Sessions) are open monthly meetings of the Metadecidim community (consisting of municipal techniques, hackers, researchers, experts and citizenship in general).
Sessions are organized around thematic areas of work or specific assemblies (which have autonomy of decision in their own field) :. At the moment the active axes are these:
- TECH (tecnologies): Experimentation and reflection on useful technologies for Decidim, platform architecture, development community and gitflow, installation of the Decidim, technical documentation, etc.
- PX (participant experience): where you know and share the experience that users have of the Decidim. This helps diagnose necessary changes.
- COM (story): Speeches of reflection, imagination and techno-political seduction, for the construction of common and creative discourses around participation, the Decidim and democracy.
- LAB (research): To go deeply into the open discussions in the monthly session of the decidim.lab, as well as in other research challenges connected with the development of Decidim and online democracy.
- GOV (governance): dedicated to discuss collectively what is the situation of the Metadecidem community and the steps to be followed in its development.
Meetings - Past meetings See all meetings (29)
The Edu team or assembly aims to training on administration and design of participatory spaces relat...
How do we organize ourselves? How do we make decissions? How do relate the working gruops to each ot...
We explore and create speeches for reflection, imagination and techno-political seduction, for the c...
Axis of processes or assembly of admins is a group of work of exchange of experiences and collaborat...
In this area, we want to delve into the open discussions in LAB #Metadecidim monthly, as well as oth...