An assembly is a group of members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or scope of the organization.
Assemblies hold meetings, some are private and some are open. If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions taken by this organ).
Examples: A general assembly (which meets once a year to define the organisation's main lines of action as well as its executive bodies by vote), an equality advisory council (which meets every two months to make proposals on how to improve gender relations in the organisation), an evaluation commission (which meets every month to monitor a process) or a guarantee body (which collects incidents, abuses or proposals to improve decision-making procedures) are all examples of assemblies.
About this assembly
The General Assembly is the sovereign body of the Association; its members are part by their own and inalienable right.
Powers of the General Assembly
- To approve, if applicable, the management of the Coordination Committee, the budget and the annual accounts.
- To elect and remove the members of the Coordination Committee and to control its activity.
- To modify its statutes.
- To agree on the form and amount of the contributions to the financing of the Association or to the payment of its expenses, including the contributions to the Association's patrimony.
- To agree on the transformation, merger or dissolution of the Association.
- To agree to join and leave federations or confederations.
- To request the declaration of public utility.
- To approve the Internal Regulations and its modifications.
- To be aware of the applications submitted to become a member, as well as the registration and deregistration of members for reasons other than definitive separation.
- To ratify, as the case may be, the disciplinary dismissal and other sanctions imposed by the Committee of Democratic Guarantees for very serious misconduct.
- Resolve on matters not expressly attributed to any other body of the Association.
- The General Assembly shall meet in ordinary session once a year, within six months following the closing date of the financial year.
- The Coordination Committee may call an extraordinary General Assembly, whenever it deems it convenient, and must do so when requested by 10% of the members through the Metadecidim platform. The Assembly must take place within 30 calendar days of the request, discounting the month of August.
- The Assembly is convened by the Coordination Committee through an open call on the Metadecidim platform, which must contain, at least, the agenda, place, date and time of the meeting at least 15 calendar days in advance.
Sessions - Past meetings See all meetings (7)
Internal Regulations See all proposals (54)
Related participatory processes
A process open to the entire Community regarding the decision-making and representative bodies that ...